Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Aug 18, 2014

Clothes-pin Cat

(I wrote this entry for improving my English skills.  I asked a RareJob tutor to edit them to natural English.  For comparison, RJ's sentences are shown black and my original ones are shown blue.)

When I saw the pictures below from a magazine, I was very interested in making them.
I wanted to make them, but the magazine didn't include instruction on how to make them

(My original sentences)
When I saw the pictures below from a magazine, I was very interested in making them.
I wanted to make them, but the magazine didn't show their patterns.



Left: cat / right: dog

 
Left: rabbit / right: horse


I think the bigger clothes-pin in my house is exactly the same size as the ONE ON THE magazine.

(My original sentence)
I think the bigger clothes-pin in my house is exactly the same size as the magazine. 

 
I am not good at making patterns, but I tried drawing the pattern as best as I could.
 
(My original sentence)
I am not good at making patterns, but I drew the pattern.



I used one piece of my husband's very old socks to make it.  The fabric of socks stretches well.



(My original sentence)
I cut the patterns, and sewed them by hand. 

The most difficult part is when I sewed more than half,
and I had to put the pin inside and stuff it with cotton.

(My original sentence)
The most difficult part is when I sewed more than half,
I put the pin inside and stuffed cotton.

I finished them two hours later.
 
Although, I probably have to make its face (eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers.)
 
(My original sentence)
Still, I probably have to make its face (eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers.)
   
 
 
The magazine showed that it can be used to connect curtains.
 
(My original sentence)
The magazine showed that it can be used as it connects curtains right and left side.
 


I think my first cat is a bit fatty, so I want to trim a little bit from each side of my second pattern.

(My original sentence)
I think my first cat is a bit fatty.  So, I want to cut the pattern each side before making my second. 
 
(Additional part)
 
After writing this entry, I made another one on Monday afternoon: a pink rabbit.  
This one is slimmer than the cat.
 
(My original sentences)
After writing this entry, I made another one, a pink rabbit Monday afternoon.  
This one is slimmer than the cat. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment