Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jul 26, 2012

Korean Cooking Class (One Time Only)

Today, I took a Korean cooking lesson in Himeji. This is only a one-day event and there were a total of 25 participants  (24 females and 1 male) who attended today’s class.
Today I went to a Korean cooking class in Himeji. This was one time only and totally 25 participants. (24 female and 1 male.)  They had 6 cooking tables, and the participants were divided into 6 groups, and each of table had 4 or 5 members.

-------------

To start off the class, the instructor explained how to cook briefly. There were cooking materials (beef, fish, vegetables and so on) prepared for each group.  After that, we tried cooking the same dishes that were shown to us. I have experience in cooking some Korean dishes before but the dishes we tried today were all new to me.
 
At first a cooking insturctor explained how to cook briefly. They prepared cooking materials (beef, fish, vegetables, and so on) for each group. And we tried to cookings. I had some experience to have cooked Korean dishes in my kitchen. But I have never tried these kinds of dishes. 

-----------

The participants enjoyed small chats regarding the Korean dishes while cooking. I usually cook by myself, enjoyed cooking with others.  Below are the pictures of the dishes I took during the class.And participants enjoyed small chattings regarding the Korean dishes while we were cooking. I, who usually do the cooking in my kitchen "alone," really enjoyed it. The followings are the dishes I took at the class.

Japchae?  Chapuche
Kimbap?  Kimpa?? Korean Rice Rolls??
Pugoku (Korean Soup)

One of the instructors said that Korean wives usually make this soup when their husbands drink too much alcohol. They say that this soup is good in curing hangovers.  Is this true? Ha! Ha! 五味子茶(Korean traditional tea) and 薬菓 (herbal cookie).

One insturctor said that Korean wives make this soup to their husband after the husband had a lot of alchohol one night, and he had some headache next morning. Then they make this soup to get out of the hangover. Is this true? Ha! Ha! 五味子茶(Korean traditional tea) and 薬菓 (herbal cookie) .



These "dried sea weed" packages were given to us as souvenir. I like Korean dried sea weed. packages.

These "dried sea weed" packages were given to us as sourvenior. I like Korean dried sea weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment