Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Nov 17, 2015

Nov. 17

 
My husband and I visited a hospital for our annual medical check-ups yesterday.  Our medical insurance offers them free of charge.  The nurses at the hospital checked our heights, weights, blood pressures, blood tests, and urinalysis.  We waited for an hour for the results, after that we were asked to enter the physician's room respectively.
 
The doctor told me that my cholesterol is too high to be lowered by proper diet and daily exercises.   He recommended that I need to take some medications to lower my cholesterol.   This medical check-up offers only doctor's advice.  If I would like to take medicines, I have to pay for the prescription. 
 
I didn't ask him for a prescription, and I wanted to lower my cholesterol level by eating a balance diet and exercising on a daily basis. 
 
I should not eat fried food and sweets, fish and fruits would be healthier.
 
I am now trying to cook healthier dishes like the picture:  
 
 
(the orange above rice is the fruit, persimmons.) 

I would like to show you how I made the Chinese cabbage recipe. 


I prepared one fourth of the Chinese cabbage. 


I chopped the Chinese cabbage into 1 cm pieces


I prepared a pinch of salt or 2.5 cc. 


I put the Chinese cabbage and the salt in a plastic bag.
Shake it well so that the cabbage and salt mix well.
Then, make the pack airtight.
 
Put the bag in the refrigerator for one hour.
 


After that, put out the bag and place in a strainer and wash out the salt. 




Mix the following ingredients in a pot: 
2 tbsp. (30 cc) soy sauce or shoyu 
1 tbsp. (15 cc) of vinegar or osu,
2 tpsp. (15 cc) of sugar,
1 tbsp. (15 cc) of mirin,
1/2 tbsp. (7.5 cc) of dashi-no-moto




Then, heat the pot and put the cabbage.
Don't worry about the water.  Chinese cabbage contains water so you don't have to put water.    



Stir with chopsticks for 5 minutes. 


It is done! 


I believe many Japanese people would love the taste! 

(One hour in a plastic bag is the secret of the crispy taste!)

I never thought about putting vinegar is a good idea, but it works! 





******************
 
We ate the meal for breakfast. 
I thought it was good for peson like me (high cholesterol), but
my husband has been suffering from high blood pressure.
I thought that it was a bit too much of salt.
 
I got the idea of having below.
 
 
A recipe for pumpkin mayonause. 
 
 
 Put the punpkin (approx. 100 g) for microwave.
600 kw for 2 minutes.
 
 
 
 Mix all of them with spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment