Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Feb 3, 2016

The colorful crochet cap

I went to the Daiso, the 100 yen shop, and bought 6 pcs. of yarn with different colors. 
I feel chilly around my ears when I go outside these days so I wanted to make a cap for myself.

They are 100 % wool so I thought they are warm.  Even if the temperature reaches  5 degrees Celsius here in the middle of the day in February, I stay in parks for as long as 4 hours.

At first I crocheted  [kroh-shey-ed] 80 chains and made it into a circle.  It was about 56 centimeters circumference in size.


I made double crochet (or naga-ami) and made a long tube. 


It took me one hour to finish one colored crochet.  
I had six different colors, so it took me around six hours in total. 

colored (adj)  red, green, blue, etc. rather than transparent or black or white



Twist the middle.
The middle will be the top of cap.




Divide it in two. 
Leave the inside part longer than the outer part. 




Fold the inside part outward so that the bottom part will be three layers.

The picture shows:
(1) the brown goes inside 
(2) the green goes in the middle
(3) the yellow goes outside


(outward (Adv) away from the center of something, or toward the outside of it)


Now, you can see it as a cap. 
The pink color would be nice for girls.

It has three layers of 100 % wool in my ear part
because I feel colder around my ears.

I can also enjoy the varieties of color combination.




I put yellow, or the bottom part, outside.



This time I put the bottom part inside then the green appear. 






   


This way the pink color doesn't appear.
It may be suitable for boys.






   Very important :  The yarn itches
Please be careful for choosing yarns when you want to make a cap. 

The yarn itches. (verb) The yarn cause itchiness. (noun)
itch (verb) if a piece of clothing itches, it gives you an unpleasant feeling that makes you want to scratch your skin


I chose these colors which Japanese people call them "earth colors."
I like going to parks and forests for birdwatching.  I find many birdwatchers use earth colors for their clothes and bags as they try not to to be noticible to wild birds.    


* * * * * * * * * *


I am filled with these ideas now.  Field activities for birdwatching and handmade crafts indoors are keeping me busy this winter season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment