Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Feb 3, 2016

The warmer belt

I feel so cold especially when I enjoy taking photos of wild birds outside these days.  Even if the temperature reaches 5 degrees Celsius here in the middle of the day in February,  I stay in parks for as long as 4 hours.

My doctor recommends that I should stay at home so I can keep myself warm.  However, it is the best season to see different wild birds now, so it is very hard for me to stay indoors day after day.  Luckily, I came up with the idea of knitting a warm belt for myself last week and I was able to finish crocheting it this week.  I would like to share it to you here.

 
The waist size is adjustable because I made 5 lines for buttons. 
 
For the narrowest, the waist size would be around 70 centimeters. 


For the largest, the waist size would be around 78 centimeters. 


There are two pockets for handy warmers.


The regular size warmer (approx. 132mm x 100 mm) can be kept in the pockets. 

One for my belly and the other one for my back. 



For the pocket parts, I intentionally made holes so my abdomen and
my back would get more heat from the warmers.



At first, I went to the Seria, the 100 yen shop, and bought 4 rolls of yarns.
I used my crochet needle No. 6.



I needed these 3 buttons so I bought this at the home center.




I needed another two smaller buttons.  I had them in my sewing box.

How I made it?  It was easy. 



I crocheted 22 chains.



Then, I did the double crochet (or naga-ami) until it became 80 centimeters long.







The Drawing of the Main part


I am not good at sketching, but I drew the design.
If you are interested, pleases click on the photo to zoom.




* * * * * * * * * *

Then, I made two pockets.


The drawing of the pocket


Sew each pocket to the main part.

Attach the buttons by sewing needle and thread.


I sent the similar one to my sister.  I haven't met her for ten years, so I don't know her waist size.  For her, I made ten button lines instead of five for the belt so that it coul be adjusted from 66 centimeters to 84 centimeters long.

I feel comfortable with this belt since I have crocheted it, so I cannot go without it these days.  I had been looking for these kinds of items on the local stores or online shops, but I couldn't find any.  It took me six hours to make one belt  and that's why I shared the pattern.

As I live in Hyogo Prefecture, I cannot make a bussiness out of this.  According to the law in our prefecture,  employers must pay its employees 800 yen or 8 dollars at least for its labor per hour.   Six hours of crocheting is worth 4,800 yen.  Another 432 yen for the yarns plus 162 yen for bottuns.  Total is 5,394 yen.  

I guess no one would be interested to buy this item for 5,394 yen.  We're tired of working peanuts.  That's why Chinese items are rampant here and there nowadays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment