Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Apr 3, 2014

Cherry Trees in Himeji Castle on Apr. 3, 2014

This is the continuation of my previous entry.  Please click here at first and read it.
 
I rode on a local bus this afternoon.  It took about 15 minutes to get to Himeji Station.  Then, I walked about 10 minutes to get to Himeji Castle.
 
At the end of March, I heard that April 3 is the day that the cheery trees around Himeji castle would be in full bloom this year.  I worked in the morning and took the afternoon off to visit the park in front of the castle.  
 
Picture No. 1
The cover of the castle was removed, but the construction continues to this day.  
 
There were many visitors including foreign tourists walking around. 
When I reached the front of the castle, one of them suddenly approached me. 
She said, "Please take a photo of us."  She was with another girl and looked 
as if they were in their 20s.  She spoke fluent Japanese, and explained to me
how to use her smartphone to take a picture. 
She said they were from Germany.  
 
 
 
 Picture No. 2
  The stone board says Himeji Castle


Picture No. 3
As I live in Himeji, the castle is more accessible to me. 
However, the construction work lengthens the time of travel and hinders tourists. 
I was hoping that they would finish everything by March to prepare for cherry blossom season. 
But as it is, they will still be working on the castle long after the cherry blossoms have faded.
 
 
Picture No. 4

Picture No. 5
The pinkish white cherry blossoms were in full bloom and looked beautiful.

 Picture No. 6
There were many visitors who enjoyed their lunch under the cherry trees.

The red lanterns will be lighted after dark.
Many local visitors enjoy beer and snacks with their colleagues and friends under the cheery trees.
 

Picture No. 7
The cherry tree with pink flowers was drooping from the weight of the blooms.

Picture No. 8 
 I took a picture for the German girls with Himeji castle in the background,
but unfortunately, I think it was no good.  Because of the work in progress,
the historic building looked like a large apartment.
 

Picture No. 9

Picture No. 10

Picture No. 11

Picture No. 12

Picture No. 13
 
 I hope that the Germany girls enjoyed their visit today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment