Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Oct 8, 2014

One day Sewing Quilt Class (Oct. 5)

(I'm making comparison to improve my English.  I have been asking RJ tutors' for correction these days.  RJ tutors' sentences are shown black and my original sentences were blue italic.)

--------------------

Five years ago, I attended a patchwork class for 10 months. I enjoyed making patchworks, but I quit going to the class for several reasons.

(My original sentences)
I had an experience of being a student at a patch work class.  It was five years ago from now, and I took the lessons about ten months.  I enjoyed making patchworks, but I quit going to the class for several reasons.

* * * * * * * * * *

When I saw the poster in the city hall a month ago, I was interested in the one-day quilt class. Then, I made a phone call to the city hall to tell that I’m interested. The poster stated that students from 4th grade and up can participate.  I was told that the registration fee was 1,000 yen which included the textiles and the use of sewing machine.

(My original sentences)
When I saw the poster in a city hall one month ago, I was interested in the one day sewing kilt class, and I made a phone call to the city hall for participation.  The poster said participation could be accepted people who were more than 4th grade in the elementary school.  I was told that participating fee was 1,000 yen including lending a sewing machine and textiles for the lesson.




There were two classes, morning and afternoon, at 10:00 to 12:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. respectively.

(My original sentences)
There were two classes; one in the morning, 10:00 to 12:00 a.m., the other in the afternoon; 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.

* * * * * * * * * *

I chose to enroll in the morning class. I arrived at the city hall at 9:50 a.m. The teacher had already prepared my name plate and placed it on one of the desks with a sewing machine and a package of textiles. There were 3 other students. One student had a 30-year experience of making clothes. The other two were friends each other who I assume are almost the same level as myself in quilting.

(My original sentences)
I chose to enroll in the morning class.  I arrived at the city hall at 9:50 a.m.  The teacher had already prepared my name plate on one of their desks, with a sewing machine and a package of textiles.   There were another 3 students.  One student had a 30-year expertise of making clothes by profession.  The other two were friends who I assume almost the same level as myself. 

* * * * * * * * * *

I was excited to see the package of textiles because I liked the shades of pink.

(My original sentences)
I was excited to see the package of textiles because I liked the pink colors. 

* * * * * * * * * *

The picture shows the quilt that I made in the lesson.  It was a telephone cover that my teacher designed.

(My original sentences)
The picture is what I made in the lesson.  The teacher told us that she designed this for a cover of telephone to avoid dust.



There were 24 pieces but we only fused 20 pieces together.  The teacher told us to choose 20 pieces.

(My original sentences)
There were 24 pieces, and we use 20 pieces together.  The teacher told us to choose 20 pieces.


The Four Pieces of My Leftovers
 
 
The problem was that most of the things she was talking about was irrelevant to our lesson today.
Here are some. "I remember my grandfather who was far-sighted.  If he wanted to see something near, he would just flick his glasses.  He kept looking around for his glasses but had not realized it was just on his head.  Now, at 62, I experience the same thing. Ha ha ha!"
 
(My original sentences)
The trouble was the teacher was very talkative to unimportant things.
Here are some.  "I remember my grandfather.  My grandfather put his glasses on his forehead, and seek where his glasses were.  If he wanted to see something near, he didn't need the glasses, so he had put the glasses in forehead, and forgot having done that.  Now at my age, 62, I have been experiencing the same thing. Ha! Ha! Ha!"
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
"I have been teaching every other Saturday at another city hall, you can come and see..."  Her words were directed to the student who had prior experience and showed interest in her lessons.  She didn't tell me important things at all, like how to use the sewing machine.
  
 (My original sentences)
"I have been teaching every other Saturday at another city hall, you can come and see..."  Most of the talk was spoken to the student who was expertise and showed interest in participating her lessons.  
She didn't tell me any important things .... how to use the sewing machine at all. 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
I have a sewing machine which I bought 20 years ago.  However, it needs repairs.  It has a very simple mechanism. If I push its pedal hard, the sewing machine moves fast.  If I push on its pedal lightly, the sewing machine moves slowly.
 
(My original sentences)
I have a sewing machine myself.  I bought it 20 years ago, and it needs to be repaired now. 
If I push its pedal hard, my sewing machine moves fast.  If I want it to move slow, I should put the pedal in a light touch.   This is the way we handle the sewing machine which was bought 20 years ago, and I still took it for granted.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
(One additional sentence)
I thought that the sewing machine we used for the class worked the same way.
 
(My original sentence, but there is no correction needed.)
At 11:40 a.m., the teacher finally asked me, "why are you sewing so slowly?"  
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
I shouted "I have beeeeeen pushing at its pedal as much as I can, and this is the maximum speed this sewing machine can get!"
 
(My original sentence)
I shouted "I have been pushing its pedal very strong, and this is the maximum speed, this sewing machine can work!"
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
"No, your machine has a lever."  She finally came and showed me.   "If you slide the lever to right side, like this way, the machine works faster."
 
 (My original sentences)
"No, your machine has a lever."  She finally came and showed me.   "If you slide the lever to right side like this way, the machine works faster."
 
(My original sentences with no correction needed.)
I finished making it at 12:40.  That was 20 minutes before the afternoon lesson began.
 
 * * * * * * * * * *
 
If she said this at the beginning of the class, I didn't have to experience such a hard time.  I was irritated by the sewing machine.
 
(My original sentences) 
If she said this at the beginning of the class, I didn't have to experience the hard time.  I had been irritated by the slow work of the sewing machine.
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
It was pity that the other three students had to wait for me to finish, and the teacher had only 20 minutes before another class began.  I was wondering how she managed to eat her lunch in 20 minutes.
 
(My original sentences)
 It was pity that the other three students had been waiting me for finishing, and the teacher had only 20 minutes for another class began.  How she managed to eat her lunch I was wondering.  
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
I had a terrible time during the lesson, she should have started her lesson 30-minute earlier to have her self-introduction and explained how to use the sewing machines. 
 
(My original sentence) 
I had a terrible time during the lesson, she should have started her lesson 30-minute earlier to have her self-introduction and explained how to use the sewing machines.  

No comments:

Post a Comment