Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Oct 14, 2014

Our festivals

A big typhoon approached All across Japan yesterday and we had a terrible weather in western Japan yesterday.  I went out to grocery store which was located in front of our house.  The only 50-meter walk, I had my umbrella broken due to strong wind.  I was fortunate because I didn't get hurt. 

My husband who teaches science in a local high school watched TV weather forecasts all the time yesterday.  It made me restless, and I preferred to stay another room during the weekend.

Last Saturday, Oct. 12, we walked about 15 minutes to see a small festival that night.  I took some photos.   Here are some.  It's called Okuyama Hachiman Festival.

                                                       Picture No.1 -   Okuyama Portable Shrine

 Picture No. 2
 
Picture No.3 -This festival is a small one.  Less visitors allow us to see everything.
 

Picture No.4
 
Picture No.5 -
Local expert musicians play Japanese traditional instruments, a drum and a flute.

No.6

 No. 7

No.8

No.9

No.10

No.11

No.12
 
No.13

 No.14

No.15

No.16


* * * * * * * * * *

We are having another festivals for today and tomorrow.  It's called Nada Fighting Festival.  I have some pictures which I took from our veranda a few years ago.   

Men carrying a portable shrine are coming to the street. 
They are coming around 10:30 a.m. October 14 every year.

You can see the blue color stuff.  It represents they belong to our team.  We used to have seven villages in our area.  Each village has different color, that means seven colors.


In our festival, each village has fights by crashing portable shrines on October 15.

That is tomorrow, and I would like you to visit the site <--- please click here!>  to see more details. 

Almost every year, one person was carrying the shrine would get hurt by between the portable shrines during the fight. 

I visit Matsubara Hachiman Shrine every year to see the fight.  It is only 5 minutes by bike from our house. 

It is a very famous festival in western part of Japan.  I see many people there and actually it is the most busiest season in our town.

* * * * * * * * * *

This year, I am curious to see Oshio Shishimai, another festival, too.  I have never been there.  The pictures were borrowed from some public tourist association. It is held in the place where two train station away from our nearest station.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment