Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jun 2, 2015

June 1 - Chikusa Kogen, Shiso City, Hyogo

Yesterday, my husband and I drove to Chikusa Kogen (Kogen means "plateau") in Shiso City, Hyogo Prefecture, which is a 2-hour drive up north, to visit the place where the Kurinsou or Japanese Primroses are growing.

I took all the pictures below with my NIKON SLR (Single Lens Reflex) D3300 and Tamron Lens (18-270mm). 



Kurinsou
 



According to the IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature), Kurinsou or Japanese Primrose is one of the threatened flower species which can be found in Hyogo Prefecture.

The wooden board says "Kurinsou colonies"




Kogera or Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker


The front gate

There were a few staff members at the front gate and they gave us a map.  The map showed three courses, and they suggested that we take the second one.

Course 1)  Start at the front gate, and walk towards areas Route1, Route 2, Route 3, and Route 4.  There are many ups and downs throughout the courseIt has a total length of 2,000 meters.   (Recommended to trained walkers)

Course 2) Start at the front gate, and walk towards area Route 2, Route 3, and Route 4.  The total distance is 1,500 meters.  (Approx. a 60-minute walk)

Course 3)  Start at the Event Area and walk towards Route 3.  (Good choice for small children or elderly people)








Wisteria
 
 



Yamaboushi or Kousa Dogwood











A dragonfly was resting on the twig.


I wanted to take the shade of another dragonfly.
  


They divided this place into seven areas and each one is named after the seven Gods of Fortune such as 大黒天(Daikokuten), 毘沙門天(Bishamonten), 恵比寿(Ebisu), 布袋(Hotei), 寿老人(Jurojin), 福禄寿(Fukurokuju), and 弁才天(Benzaiten).



My husband was standing at the sign board of 大黒天(Daikokuten).






It is important to protect the colony as it is. 



Rocks and ridges were everywhere.  My husband was so into (or absorbed in) taking photos while walking.  I noticed that he was likely to stumble several times.  Sometimes, I couldn't concentrate on taking pictures.  I walked behind him, and warned him to watch his steps carefully.



We took a five-minute rest on the bench.


The sign board says "You can find a Moriaogaeru or


 
I noticed the egg easily because it was more than 10 centimeters long.
 
 
We were fully satisfied with our one day visit to the Japanese Primrose colony.  We were lucky to see the small pink flowers which had been registered as one of the threatened species.
 
My husband got really tired of walking around taking pictures. The uneven terrain exhausted his leg muscles quite a bit.  We visited there on June 1, but after that, he stayed in bed for three days (until June 5) to rest his legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment