Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Sep 19, 2015

Sept. 19 - Takasago Mantou Festival 2015

Tonight my husband and I visited the Takasago Mantou Festival for the first time.
 
"Takasago" which is located in Hyogo Prefecture, is a popular town for wedding ceremonies and Jazz music.
 
"Mantou" means millions of lamps.
 
The 2-day festival began today, Saturday, at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 9:00 p.m.  They will have the same schedule for tomorrow.
 
 

The sunset behind the factories was beautiful.





The town people drew a magnificent sea by illumination.   


Here's one dog. 

I ate one cheese roll with mayonaise on top.   



Inside of the heart shape, the word "結", which means "tie (the knot)" can be seen. 

 






The building with a stained glass (colorful window) looked like
a wedding ceremony hall. 






Some of the men looked like prepraing for their Mikoshi festival in October.


I liked the poem written on a lantern. 
They were made by a local high school students' association.


The lane with LED lights in blue and white looked nice.


The pale pink was real flowers.
The contrast of the colors blue and pink looked fascinating. 



The flower shaped ornaments seemed  to be prepared by the Hyogo Flower Center.


This human face ornament looked scary to me. 


One lantern of four seasons and seasonal pictures.


I liked this floral lantern the best. 





Jazz concerts were held in several places.   


According to the local news, more than 10,000 people came to enjoy the festival.

My husband and I wanted to visit all the places they illuminated. However, we should have walked all the way to get there because it was a pedestrian precinct.  We gave up walking after 2 hours.
 
We thought about visiting the next day, but our legs were still tired of walking.  We would like to visit the festival in the next year. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment