Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Sep 24, 2015

Sept. 24 - Notice from the Local Police

I read a bulletin board on our street, and I found one report from the local police particularly important.  At first, I thought where I live was safe, but I had to change my mind.  Crimes are actually happening, and robbers are still at large. 

I would like to translate the local police report into English today.



"We would like to report that a series of snatching incidents involving pedestrians' and cyclists' bags is happening in our area.

Here are information taken from our recent records.  The first victim was in Oshio on Friday, Sept. 4.  The second was in Shikama on Saturday, Sept. 5.  The third was in Kameyama on the same day.

All of above happened between 8:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m.
All of the suspects were riding motorcycles.

* * * * * * * * * *


To prevent this from happening to you, here are our suggestions.

1.  When you are walking along the street, you must carry your bag at the side where there are buildings.  Do not carry them at the side where vehicles can pass.  



2.  When you are riding your bicycle and put your bags into the front basket, use a basket cover so that it would be difficult for anyone to snatch your belongings.

 
 
 



 
One example of the bicycle's front basket cover


3.  Even if there is a short cut to your home, if it is already dark, pass through a well-lighted street that is frequently used by other pedestrians and vehicle-owners. 




4.  Not only what you can see in front is important, you must also pay attention to what is happening at the back.  

- If you are using your smart phone or earbuds in listening to music while walking, you cannot notice someone getting close enough to snatch your bags.




If it should happen to you, shout so that someone would notice the snatcher.  Try to remember what the suspect looks like as well as details of his motorcycle.  Call the police at 110 immediately."



(My opinion ・・・ I would like to avoid going out alone after dark.  I think that the way he hangs the handle of his bag on his opposite shoulder is much safer compared to how the girl does it with her own bag.) 




When you have a body bag with a long handle, it is safer to wear the handle on the opposite shoulder (not on the same side) so that a snatcher would not succeed in snatching it away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment