Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Dec 17, 2015

Dec. 17 - The birdwatching in Okuyama

The temperature in our place is getting cold these days. 
It drops to zero at midnight and gets as high as 15 degree Celsius in midday.

My doctor suggested that we avoid going out early in the morning because the temperature is still cold.  He added, "Compared with other seasons, our body uses more energy in winter.  You have poor circulation, so stay at home and keep yourself warm."


However, I get bored staying at home doing nothing interesting
so I went up Mt. Jinju after lunch yesterday.

I was so excited taking pictures when I found out that 
the Bull-headed shrike or Mozu had a frog between its beak.
I tried very hard to take as many pictures as I could.




We can find several kinds of frogs in our garden, especially in summer time, but I have never seen any in winter.

The bird's eyesight is really remarkable.  It was so amazing that the bird was able to find a small frog that was probably hiding in the rice field, more than 5 meters below the bird.  






At first, I was very happy to take nice shots.  Then, I wondered why the bird flew away.  
I assumed that it didn't want to be bothered while eating the frog. 



Before swallowing the frog, the bird flew away to another power line.

Before swallowing the frog, the bird flew away to another electrical line.

Then, I found a male Daurian redstart or Jobitaki a minute later.
Daurian redstarts are one of the migratory birds in winter season here. 


This bird is always moving around, but it is quite noticeable because of its colors.
The plummage of its male bird, they have mainly black feathers with white spots while its body is orange.  They have a silver-color head.










I also found a female Daurian redstart in the neighborhood.
The female has restrained colors.


Living in the south part of Hyogo Prefecture, which is located to close to  the inland sea, I have never seen them in pairs (male and female birds are staying together).  

According to a wild bird book, you may able to see them in pairs if you visit the place close to the Japan Sea.     I hope we will have a chance to visit north part of Hyogo Prefecture in winter season.





White Wagtail or Hakusekirei


* * * * * * * * * *


Japanese Wagtail or Seguro Sekirei



Grey wagtail or Kisekirei





They were staying on the roof of someone's house. 


Grey heron or Aosagi was just flew in to the rice field.   



I thought that the bird found a nice place for resting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment