Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Dec 24, 2015

Dec. 24 - The Teddy Bear and the Okuyama

Merry Christmas!



I bought this stuffed teddy bear at the Daiso, or the 100-yen shop three weeks ago.  I knitted the red sweater and the green pants to match the color of Christmas.

I told my husband that I paid only 108 yen including the consumption tax for the bear, and I knitted the costume with the yarns I kept in my closet.  

My husband said, "Why don't you sell this at Yahoo auction?  I guess that you can start with 500 yen."  

I replied, "If I sell it at 500 yen, then I would go to the post office and buy a 390 yen stamp to send the item.  The total would be 499 yen, which gives me just 1 yen profit. There's nothing to account for the labor cost, which required two hours of knitting.  Also, I think no one wants to pay a 390-yen shipping fee for a 100-yen worth item.  So I think, it would be better for me to just keep it for myself."

I put the bear on the desk, and I will probably knit different clothes for post Christmas season. 

* * * * * * * * * *


This afternoon I took a walk in Okuyama in the neighorhood.  Below are the pictures I took during my walk.  



Black Kite or Tobi



A Racoon Dog Ornament in front of a house


Cosmos flowers

Bull-headed Shrike or Mozu

No comments:

Post a Comment