Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

May 15, 2016

May 5 - Hiokayama Park, Kakogawa city, Hyogo


May 5th is children's day in Japan. 
My husband and I forgot about "things to do" and stayed at Hiokayama Park, Hyogo Prefecture to watch wild birds. 

We left our place at 9:00 a.m.  We drove to the park for about 30 minutes.  We stayed there for all day about 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

I would like to show you several pictures of birds that I took there.





This bird is named Varied Tit in English or Yamagara in Japanese.
The parent bird is taking care of their chicks at the nest.

Long-tailed Tit or Enaga


Oriental Greenfinch or Kawarahiwa



]



Great Tit or Shijukara







It was a national holiday that day, so we met several birdwatchers waited for their chances of taking the pictures of the beautiful bird named "the common kingfisher" or Kawasemi in Japanese. 




You may see that this bird, the kingfisher, has black lower beak (the bottom of lip)  which means that this is a male kingfisher.   For female birds, they have red lower beak.    


This bird has a small fish in the beak.

No comments:

Post a Comment