Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Nov 9, 2014

A walk to my neighborhood on Nov. 8

Every month I listen to a 10-minute radio program about Wildbirds in Hyogo Prefecture.
 
Ms. Satoko Marutani, aged 51, the leader of Hyogo Branch of the Japan Wild Bird Society shares the trend of birdwatching in our area.   Her deep knowledge and experienes intrigue my heart.
 
During the program last month, she gave us a chance to join her 3-hour tour on Nov. 11 in Akashi Park, Akashi city.  Only 15 people can join the tour.  I sent my application for the tour, and fortunately I was chosen as one of the participants.
 
I haven't fully recovered from Herpes now.  My doctor recommended that I had better visit his clinic everyday, so I am trying to do so as much as I can. 
 
I am getting excited to the tour two days later from today.  Before participating the tour, I was wondering if I can walk my neighborhood yesterday.  During the walk, I took many pictures, and uploaded below.
 
No. 1 - The pale pink flowers were beautiful.

No. 2 - Some of the houses are growing Japanese persimmon trees. 
 

No. 3 - They are riped, and look delicious.

No. 4 - The cotton is ready to be harvest.

No. 5 - The pink flower looks gorgeous.

No. 6 - Here's another Japanese persimmon tree. 
They don't have many leaves now.


No. 7 - At the center of the picture, you can find a male Jobitaki or Daurian redstart

No. 8 - This place is a pond, but the water is empty now.

No. 9 - I usually find turtles there, and I am wondering where they are now.

No. 10 - I believe that seeds of some flowers were blown from somewhere,
and grown natural. 


No. 11 - Cosmos flowers (thick Pink), chrysanthemum (white pink)

No. 12 - Japanese pampas grass

No. 13 - I visited another pond.  I was happy that it was filled with water this time.


No. 14 - Karugamo or Spot-billed duck is flying away. 

No. 15 - I was fortunate enough to have the shot of the duck.

No. 16 - I know that Karugamo usually live in a group. 

No. 17 - This is Mt. Asou, Himeji city, (Height 173 meter) I used to go up. 
About a 30-minute walk from its foot to the top.


No. 18 - The clouds look like waves in the ocean.

No. 19 - Rice field after harvest

No. 20 - Here's Seguro Sekirei, or Japanese Wagtail at the center of the picture.

No. 21 - Kosagi or  Little Egret

No. 22 -  Aosagi or Grey heron   

No. 23 - We can find several kinds of herons in Japan. 
Among them, the grey heron is the biggest kinds. 

No. 24 - Now the grey heron is approaching to the Little Egrets.

No. 25 - I think the little egrets don't welcome the grey heron. 
(They are afraid of the bigger companion coming near.)

No. 26 - Karin or Chinese quince ? or Lemon? 


No. 28 - Hiyodori from another angle

Surrounded by nature, I fully enjoyed a 45-minute walk.
 
I will look forward to taking more pictures with the veteran birdwatcher.   

No comments:

Post a Comment