Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Nov 1, 2014

Cosmos Festival in Himeji

Introduction - How I get to know the festival?

One day in early November several years ago, I found a place filled with cosmos flowers while I was riding my bike to do some errands in the neigorhorhood. 

I felt wonderful looking at those white and pink cosmos flowers.

The place was owned by a local religious group.  On that day, they happend to have their festival on the site.  Many cars and bikes were parked in the entrance, and various food stalls were inside.

I noticed a sign saying "Instant food shops from all across Japan.  Enjoy the food!  Anyone can enter this place for the festival today."

I was very curious about the food, so I went into their site.  Soon after that I immediately found Yakisoba and hot coffee shops.  Yakisoba was half of the price compared with local restaurants. 

I was glad when I found Yuba, a very thick tofu taste which is famous in Kyoto, and Ise noodles, thick shoyu taste with softer noodle which comes from in Mie Prefecture.  These are the foods we cannot easily find in local restaurants in Hyogo Prefecture.   Their prices were reasonable, so I tried various dishes until my stomach became full. 

On visiting their building for free coffee, I had to write down my name and address, so I wrote and left the place.   In fact, I was more curious to enter the unfamiliar building than being afraid of asked to join their religious activities. 

Instead of being asked to donate for their religious activities, I receive their invitations to the Cosmos festival every year. 

The flower blossom season is late October to early Novemeber.  They hold the festival on the first Saturday of November so that many people can enjoy the flowers.

Bad weather for the festival this year! 

When I woke up early in the morning, it was raining heavily.  I felt unlucky because of the bad weather as I was looking forward to this day of the festival.  I wondered if I could visit them.   Fortunately, the rain had stopped before the festival began. 
 
My husband also had the appetite to try different foods, so both of us wnet to the festival today. 
I wrote about the last year's festival in the previous entry.    (<--- please click )



 
The host had prepared the tents for food stalls,
however the site became slippery,
so they transferred the stalls inside the building.


Here are the food stalls.
 
 
My husband wanted tuna sashimi in a rice bowl.
 

I bought a pet bottle tea which I have never seen its label. 
It says "Fujieda," which is located in Shizuoka,
a famous place for Japanese tea production. 

It also reminded me that one of my friends lives there.  



I had a bowl of Yuba - a thick tofu with citrus seasoning.


Peas in the pod
Coming back home,  I boiled them with water for 5 minutes and ate them. 


I had a cup of red beans soup.  It was so sweet. 
The white stuff floating in the soup is omochi or rice cake.
 
 
 
  Before leaving, we took photos of flowers. 

The board says "We are growing flowers. 
If you pick them up, leave 100 yen in the box for 10 pieces of flowers."
 
 
 
The pink and white color of cosmos delighted us on a cloudy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment