Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Nov 27, 2014

The compost with peels of vegetables and fruits

 
I borrowed a book from our library on Nov. 16. 
 
 
 
 
 
The book shows easy ways to make good soil from kitchen garbage. 
The author, Mrs. Monden, was born to parents who made a living as farmer in Hiroshima Prefecture. 
 
According to the book, she has been living in Osaka for more than 30 years.  
She was not satistfied with the quality of the soil in her garden.
 
Born as a daughter to farmers, she knew how
her parents had been taking care of their land to grow good vegetables.  
 
She tried to create a garden like the way her parents used to have.
 
 Like what she showed in the book, I made a mixture: 
2 liters of rice bran, 2 liters of strained soil, and 1 liter of water.
She calls it "seed" in the book.
 
I kept it in a sandbag and placed it outside since Nov. 16.
 
You can see the mold in the picture.
 
  
 
 The temperature is 17 degrees in the "seed."
 
Additional sentences:
 
The temperature is 17 degrees, so I cannot feel warmth of compost.
 
Anyway, the book says if you find the mold, the your compost is a success.   
 


I put kitchen garbage such as peels of apple, brocolli, and tea leaves
in a new sandbag yesterday.



Then I added a handful of "seed" on it.


I closed the top and shaked the bag so that it could mix well, and placed the bag outside.

I cook meals every day, and put the peels of vegetables and fruits as well as one or two handful of " seed" inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment