Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Mar 8, 2015

Okuyama - Mar. 8 (1)

I turned 49 years old last March 2.  We celebrated that night with small pieces of cakes and hot English tea.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
  
Today, I walked to Okuyama area which is located 15minutes away from our place.

There are 4 ponds in the Okuyama area.  




 
I discovered that two of them have a new board each showing its name.
 
 
The board says "The West Pond."
 
 
 
The board says "The East Up Pond."
 
 
 
The ponds and their names 
 

the explanation of the picture
 
Interestingly, there is a pond that does not have a name.  (No. 1)
Probably because it is not registered as pond since it is very small.
 
 
Strangely, the 3rd pond is located at the upper side of the map
 but its name is "East Down Pond."
 
The 4th pond is at the lower side of the map
 but the name is "The East Up Pond".
 
 
Would you please continue your lesson from below?
 
 

I couldn't find any board for "The East Down Pond" today. 


* * * * * * * * * *




The blossoms of the Japanese Apricot Trees imply that spring is coming soon.   It sounded to me like "We still have cold winter season, but hang in there for another month.  We will expect warm and comfortable days soon."  




 
  
I was happy to find one male and two female Mandarin ducks in the pond.
 
I wanted to take pictures as close as possible.  I struggled taking better shots. 
Unfortunately, these are the best pictures that I took today.  
I would like to try more another day.
 






Look at the photos of Mandarin ducks. <----- (please click.)
Male birds have very colorful body while females have subdued color.


These photos were taken by the camera and lens below.


 


If I were to carry a longer lens and a tripod like below, I could have better pictures. 

This lens belong to my husband. 
Even he doesn't want to carry the heavy set.

The longer lens already weigh more than 2 kilograms.   
Additionally, the tripod also weighs 2 kilograms,
so I think that this set would be too heavy to carry on a normal day.


Thank you for reading, more pictures to come to the next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment