Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Dec 19, 2013

A Ramen fan

This man is not a bank robber, but my husband. 


I noticed that there are some RareJob tutors who are preparing for Christmas, and thy are excited and cannot wait to celebrate with their families.  So, I think it is not a good idea to ask them serious things.  Let's enjoy funny English lessons.  However, my English becomes terrible when speaking it without preparation.  So, I wrote something here for today's topic.
 
I would like to ask your comments for his eating habit.

These days he is wearing heavily like this because of cold temperature.   How much is the temperature?  It's below 10 degrees around noon.

He will turn to 61 years old next month.  He has been suffering from bronchial asthma since he was a small child.  Cold air makes worse to his condition.  To avoid breathing cold air, he wears mask every winter.  He feels better with the mask as well as taking the medicines. 

His blood pressure is above normal which means he is suffering from high blood pressure.  His doctor advises him to lose weight and not to eat too much salty food.  Japanese dishes generally contain much salt, so doctors and health care advisers such as nutritionists often say that the amount of salt usage should be within 6 grams per day.  I haven't calculated it exactly, but he takes more than 10 grams, I think.  It is not good for people whose blood pressure is high.  Once or twice for one week is not a problem. 

His favorite is ramen noodles.  Ramen noodles?  Some of the Rarejob teachers have told me that they liked Nissin, one of the largest noodle manufacturers in Japan, so maybe you have heard of it before, or you may even have eaten them.  Anyway, I bought one pack of ramen noodles, so I like to show you the picture.



My husband asks me to cook ramen noodles these days.  It's understandable because the hot soup makes his body warm.  

Ramen Noodles?  Please go to the website here so that you can find many of them. 

I put many kinds of vegetables on top.  It helps him to feel full by eating a variety of vegetables with rich in vitamins and minerals and has low calories.    Below is the picture of I cooked it for myself.  I put some moyashi (or bean sprouts), sliced nira (or leek), sliced cabbage, sliced carrots, and some pork.


After eating the vegetables and noodles, it is recommandable not to eat the soup because it contains much salt. 




I don't take the soup like the picture above, however, he takes the soup all the time.  If I sit next to him watching him eating, I will look after him by saying "Don't eat the soup!  It contains much salt, so it is not good for your health."  But if I do so, I don't have a chance to cook ramen for myself, so these days I leave him alone, and go to kitchen. 





Then, I am always finding out his ramen bowl is emptied whih means he had finished taking all the soup.

It sounds like a mother to advise him the same thing for many times. But basically he likes the taste of shoyu (soy beans), so he can't help himself.  He really likes the taste of shoyu (soy beans).  He seems to be addicted to it

Maybe I should try another kind of ramen, the miso soup ramen, because he doesn't like the taste of miso.  Then I don't think he takes miso soup, it might be a good idea for his health, but I know that he will complain about the taste. 

His height is 160 centimeter.  He weighed at 75 kilograms until July of this year.  Last year, his doctor told him that he belonged to obesity level one, and he was advised to lose some weight.  Actually he tried to lose weight this summer.  He lost 10 kilograms within 2 months.  He was once wieghing 65 kilograms.   But nowadays, in this cold weather, he is gaining some weight again.  He lost weight, though an that was good.  But he lost weight fast without learning hot to eat properly. 

I really hope that he would realize how important to maintain good health.      

No comments:

Post a Comment