Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Dec 26, 2013

My experience on the Winter Solstice


Quote
"The winter solstice (Dec. 22, 2013) is the day with the shortest daytime of the year.  Japanese people customarily eat punkins and take a citron bath to prevent catching a cold."  Unquote
(Dec. 19, 2013's article from theYomiuri Shimbun.)

I cooked pumpkin for myself. 

I sliced pumpkins.  I placed them on the pan.  I added one cup of water, a spoonful of soy sauce, and sugar in it.



I put a wooden lid on it.


And I cooked them for about 10 minutes.


I ate two portions with green tea at 3 p.m. 

Later in the day, we visited Kodera Onsen or Hotspring on Dec. 22, 2013, the winter solstice day.

We took a citron bath and got relaxed.

The bath image was borrowed from Dec. 23rd's morning edition's of Yomiuri Shimbun.   

After that we took zenzai (sweetened beans' soup.)  The price was 250 yen.   


I liked it as the sweet soup made my body warm.  The price was reasonable, so I like to repeat it in the next time.

The sweetend tongue will turn salty by eating the attached small dish in the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment