Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Dec 29, 2013

New Year's Eve's Soba Noodles

I am trying to be a good writer, so I make comparison to Rarejob Tutor's revised sentences and my original sentences.

(Tutor's revised sentence)
It’s a Japanese tradition to eat Soba at the end of the year.

(My original sentence)
Japanese people have a tradition to eat soba at the year end.

-------

(Tutor's sentence)
Soba is long like noodles and eating this during the transition of the year symbolizes a wish to have a long life.


(My original sentence)
Soba is long, so we eat soba between year and year, to wish a long life.

------

(Here's my additional sentences)
I used to staying up late at night when I was yonger.  But these five years, I cannot do it any more.  I go to bed as early as 10 p.m., and fall into sleep immediately after that.

(Tutor's sentence)
In the past I would start cooking soba at 11:50 p.m on New Year’s eve and eat it at around 12 a.m. while watching the New Year countdown on TV.



(My original sentence)
I used to start cooking soba at 11:50 p.m. on New Year's Eve, and eat it around 0:00., watching TV for new year's count down.

------

(Tutor's sentences)
The year end soba is already available in the local supermarket so I bought some, I couldn’t wait for the New Year to prepare it so I cooked and ate it one hour ago.  

However, I recently got tired of staying up late even for the New Year’s eve countdown. In the recent years, I cook soba at 8 p.m. and sleep at around 10 p.m.

(My original sentences)
However, I became older and got tired of staying up late even on the new year's eve.  I go to bed around 10:00 p.m. these years, so I cook soba at around 8:00 p.m.

This year, I couldn't wait until New Year's eve when I found the year end soba in a local supermarket, and ate it tonight.



(Tutor's sentence)
I bought a piece of shrimp and cuttle fish mixure fries for 150 yen and a pack of soup and soba noddle each for 20 yen.

(My original sentence)
A pack of soup is 20 yen, a pack of soba noodle is 20 yen, and one piece of a shrimp and cuttle fish fries was 150 yen.



 
(Tutor's sentences)
These are the steps in cooking a soba.
(1) First, open a pack of soup in a pan and boil it.
 
(My original sentences)
The pictures below show how I cooked it.  I opened a pack of soup in a pan, and boiled it.

 
(Tutor's sentence)
(2) After the soup is being boiled, open a pack of soba noodle, and put it in the pan.
 
(My original sentence)
When the soup boiled, I opened a pack of soba noodle, and put it in the pan.
 
(Tutor's sentence)
(3) Third, mix the noodles using chopsticks.
 
(My original sentence)
Then, mix the noodle with chopstick.

 

 (Tutor's sentence)
(4) After mixing the noodles, place the cuttle fish fries and shrimp in a microwave oven for 30 seconds.
 
 (My original sentence) 
I put the fries on microwave and heat it for 30 seconds. 

-----------

(Tutor's sentence)
(5) Lastly, put the cuttle fish fries and shrimp on the top of the the noodles and it's ready to eat.

(My original sentences)
As for the noodles, after one minute cooking, it's ready to eat them.  Put them in the bowl, and put the fries on top.

--------

(Tutor's sentence)
If we eat out the price of soba cost around 500 yen but if we prepare it by ourselves we can save 300 yen.

 (My original sentences)
If we eat out, the price of this kind of noodle (with fries on top) is about 500 yen. 

And it tasted nice, so we are planning to have it on the New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment