Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Dec 10, 2013

Sweeping maple leaves with broom

(Tutor's sentence)
This morning, I woke up to find that most of the leaves of the tree fell off to the ground.

I asked my English tutor for revising my sentences. 
Here's the comparison between her revised versions and my original sentences.

----------------
(Tutor's revised sentences)
I noticed that our maple tree began shedding leaves these days.  I tried sweeping so as to not bother our next door neighbor.  They always keep their garden tidy.

(my original sentences)
I noticed that our maple leaves began to fall these days.  I tried to sweep them so that people at our  next house doesn't be bothered from.  They always keep their garden tidy.

-------------------------

 (tutor's sentences)
A few years ago, I would always feel anxious during this season, I couldn’t leave the leaves as it is and I couldn't help but sweep the leaves every thirty minutes or so.  After that, I became tired for what I had been doing.  I went and consulted the doctor about my condition, he told me that the cold weather made me feel tensed.  He then prescribed some Chinese medicine and advised me to do the sweeping only once or twice a day.  Now, that is what I am doing.
(my original sentences)
I couldn't help leaving as it was, so I swept them every thirty minutes.  I couldn't feel relaxed at this time around.   So, when I went to my doctor a few years ago, I told about it.  He said the cold temperature made me tensed, do it once or twice a day.  So, now I am trying to do it.

----------------------------

(tutor's corrected sentences)
We had some rain yesterday and it caused most of the leaves on top of the tree to fall of.   I took some pictures before sweeping them this morning.

(my original sentences)
Yesterday, we had some rain.  Most of the leaves in top of the tree fell last night.  I took some pictures before sweeping them this morning.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment