Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Feb 21, 2014

A Busy Week

I noticed our plum tree began to bloom little by little early this week.


February is the month when the tax office is busy because citizens take the chance to claim their income tax returns from the previous year.  We need to prepare necessary documents.  There is a case wherein a household paid more than 100,000 yen for medical expenses.  If we submit receipts and fill out the documents, we may have a chance to get some tax returns. 

Last Monday, I cleaned my husband's place and found his medical receipts.  It took me all day cleaning his place and sorting out receipts, and found about 50 pieces of them.  I am such a person who kept all my medical receipts in a certain file, so mine was easy to prepare

Tuesday, I made an Excel file to arrange the medical receipts for the year 2013 to show the total amount and the names of the hospitals and pharmacies.   The 2-page long document showed that we paid more than 200,000 yen. 

Wednesday, I rode on a bus and went to our tax office to claim the tax return.   There was a long line of people to claim their tax returns, and it took me more than one hour to wait for my turn.  I input the necessary data with the help of staff members there.  I was shocked to find out that they would return less than 10,000 yen this year.  They returned us more than 30,000 yen last year.  As I didn't do it by myself, maybe the calculation is correct, so I couldn't complain about it.   I walked about 4 kilometers to go to the tax office and I was kind of tired by then.  But I was still eager to go shopping to walk another 4 kilometers because I had stayed home all these days. The tax office is located closer to Himeji station.  The last time I went shopping around Himeji Station was last December, so I was a little excited to see the changes of the decorations and items of the stores.

Yesterday, Thursday, I went to the police station to renew my driver's license.  I rode my bike for 10 minutes to go to the station, then took a 10-minute train ride, and walked about 20 minutes to the police station.  I filled in the document and had my picture taken for a new license.  With a 30-minute' lesson in March, they will issue the license.  I am the one who is called a paper driver, which means, I have the driver's license, but I am not used to drive.  But the license works as an excellent ID card with picture because it show my face.  I went to the shopping centers located close to them and had lunch.   I had another enjoyable day with good exercise of  5 kilometers's walk yesterday.

The picture shows our train station's name with a colorful illustration of our famous festival held in October.  I haven't been in this station in quite a while, so I immediately noticed this plate board yesterday. 

 

Today, Friday, I would like to take a little rest but to clean the house because my husband stays home on weekends.

This Saturday and Sunday, I will help my husband with his work.  He works as a school teacher and his students had a test today, so he will ask me to calculate the students' scores after he marks the papers.

I think I need a good day on my birthday, March 2, because I think I have been doing well for householding stuff.  I wish I had more time for improving my English skills though.

No comments:

Post a Comment