Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Feb 6, 2014

Our Japanese Plum Tree has many buds now

I have a friend in Osaka.  I live in Himeji and it takes a 90-minute train ride to Osaka.

He showed us a picture of Japanese plum tree in full bloom in his area a few days ago.  The pale pink flowers were very attractive in this cold season.

The temperature in Osaka and Himeji are almost the same, I guess.  Our plum tree hasn't bloomed yet.  There are many buds in the tree, though.

                                                         The Japanese plum tree in our garden

During the blossom season, I see Japanese White Eye or Mejiro birds visit the tree to drink the sweet nectar of the flowers.
  
I don't know where they are coming from, but I see some of them when I go for a walk at the foot of the mountain in my neighborhood.  They always hide in the trees.


Japanese White Eye or Mejiro


I love taking care of birds as much as I enjoy watching them.  I am the owner of three pet birds: one cockatiel and two budgerigars.  I change their food every day and there are always some leftovers.  Some might throw them away, but I keep them in the refrigerator for winter season because I pity the sparrows which visit our garden. 

Today, I took some pictures while it was snowing.  There were many sparrows with voracious appetite.


 

Every morning, I go for walk for exercise, but I found it very cold today. 
I decided to stay home and read a book written by Kyoko Mori.


What Kyoko wrote in her book was something I can relate to.
 
I am keen to learn about things which trigger my interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment