Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Feb 26, 2014

I didn't tell anyone, but....

I kept everything secret to everyone, even to my husband that the whole procedure of applying for a part-time job.  I prepared my resume, went to a job interview last Monday, and received a call informing me of being hired yesterday afternoon.

Maybe I was supposed to wear business suit and skirt to such a formal occasion but I wore a thick sweater under a winter coat and sport pants.   It took me about a 20-minute bicycle ride to get to the office on a cold, windy day.

Dear Eray sensei,

Thank you for your comment for your suggestion that it would be better to use complex sentences more.  Is this blog entry arranged by the sentences simple and compound?  I didn't notice them.
Please tell me that how I arrange them during your revision because that it would help me to be a better writer. 


How I found the job?
When I went to the police station to renew my driver's license last week, I found an advertisement in bulletin boards seeking caregivers.   They looked for caregivers who visit individual homes for elderly people.  The work requires a caregivers trainee license at least under the Japanese law.

I added the blue color places below after our lesson yesterday. 

There are two kinds of the licenses.  At first, we should go to a vocational school and finish the curriculum to become a caregiver trainee.  Then, we have a chance to be employed as a caregiver.  Secondly after working as a trainee for at least three years, we can apply for the national test to become a licensed caregiver.  However, this test is optional to Japanese citizens.  If we don't want to take test, we can remain as a caregiver trainee.

I finished the necessary curriculum at a school in Himeji in 2011, and I have the trainee license now.
 
That school is a part of a large company whose offices located in all areas in Japan.  Not only they provide services as functions of vocational institutes for caregivers and medical clerks, but also offer  services to those who need such help, especially for elder people or the physically handicapped.

The advertisement was from our school's next town's office.

I was quite interested but if I apply to their position, I may commute them using bike, train, and walk to get to their office.  It is far.  I wondered if their office in our town were looking for caregivers and  called them last Friday.

Related article from News De Eikaiwa please click here


How was the interview?
I met two female people in the office; one was the person who is responsible for the facility, and the other, a veteran caregiver.

I talked them about my working experiences as a caregiver in an elderly home which has a capability for 29 elderly people in their home last year.

I really enjoyed working there.  We, the 5 caregivers in the short stay unit for 9 elderly people took turns for working 24 hours at first.  I really admired the female leader in her 50s who has had the experience of 20 years in this field, but she and one other staff members resigned their work simultaneously last March.  The new leader, a male worker in his 30s, allocated me a duty to take care of  6 elderly people for helping their bath last April.  The assignment seemed too strenuous for the person like myself as a middle aged woman at the age of the late 40s.  I was not sure I was able to perform the work with safety for those people.  Maybe if I were done it in a hurry, I may have excused from wiping of the floor.  Maybe the floor becomes slippery, some of the elderly may cause bone injuries.   I'd rather choose to hand in the resign letter to the president of the elderly home in April and resigned from the work last May.

Since then, I have been thinking, maybe I can just choose the work that requires me to visit those individual elderly people who need caregivers' help in their own home. 

It took me nearly 10 months before I decided to work again.  The snow and rain was the main reason because I am not good at driving so I visit each individual homes by bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment