Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Feb 13, 2014

Young Female bird of Blue Rock Thrush or Isohiyodori (Feb. 11)

I took the pictures below while taking a walk this afternoon.
 
I didn't know the bird's name and wondered what it is called, so I uploaded three pictures on some SNS (Social Networking Services), and asked for its name.
 
I was very glad when four netizens immediately gave me their answers.
 
Three people wrote on their replies that the bird is called Blue Rock Thrush or Isohiyodori.
The male birds have blue shade on their bodies while the females do not have.
 
One of them seemed to be an expert of birdwatching, and he asked me for more pictures so I uploaded similar pictures here to answer his request.  I know that I am not good at taking pictures, it might get boring to someone.  He was kind enough to show his interest for the inconspicuous bird.
 
I proceeded to show him more pictures on the blog.  He could tell that the female bird is young from the feather white spots.  
 
No. 1  At first, I found the bird on the tree to be relaxing.


No. 2  Then, her tail was moved upward.


No. 3  She noticed me afterwards.

She has some spots in her bosom.
 
enlargement of No. 3



No. 4

enlargement of No. 4
 
No. 5

No. 6

No. 7   Then, her tail was moved upward again.
Maybe she was showing her dance on the street.    

enlargement of No. 7
 
No. 8

No. 9

No. 10  Then she stayed momentarily on the ground.

My cockatiel shows a similar style which signals her affection.
 
 
 No. 11  But I don't know what it means when it comes to wild birds.
 
 
No. 12
 
 No. 13  She was still watching me might be wondering whether
I was still taking her photos.
 
 
 No. 14  Then, she moved to the top of the roof.
 

No. 15
 
No. 16
 
No. 17
 
No. 18
 
 
I go for a walk every day, however I only saw this kind once 5 years ago.
I was very lucky to take many photos of her.  
I was glad to have someone teaches me the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment