Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Mar 14, 2014

Preposition Exercises for our lesson Mar. 14

During the lesson, my tutor was great for offering me good grammer exercises for prepositions.  I was very shocked to find that I made so many mistakes in filling the answers.   There were 20 questions, and half of my asnwers, 10 were incorrect.  I should be more careful for basic grammatial rules.

---------------


bold ... I was able to put correct answers. 
(parentheses) ... I was not able to put correct answers.  Red letters were the correct answers.
----------------

About a third of all women in the European Union have experienced violence (at in ) some time in their life. A survey (from by) the European Union Agency (for of) Fundamental Rights found that around 62 million women (over at ) the age of 15 have experienced physical or sexual violence. The agency interviewed over 42,000 women (across in) Europe. The women gave details (about of) violence at home and at work. This included domestic abuse, rape, stalking, sexual harassment and online bullying. The survey found that 22 per cent of women suffered (from some) violence by a husband or boyfriend. It also found that 67 per cent of the women did not report serious domestic violence to the police.

The EU said that laws have to change to protect women. They want to make domestic violence a public offence. At the moment police in many countries cannot stop domestic violence because it happens (in to) the home. The agency's director said the violence (against to) women shows there is, "an extensive human rights abuse" in all EU countries. He added: "These survey figures simply cannot and should not be ignored." He said violence against women was a huge problem that affects everyone, saying: "The enormity of the problem is proof that violence against women does not just impact a few women only. It impacts (on in) society every day." The agency said there was a strong link between alcohol and the violence.                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment