Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Apr 21, 2016

Apr. 20

My husband and I drove for about 40 minutes to visit Kanagasaki Park in Kakogawa City, Hyogo Prefecture yesterday.

The place is famous among local wild bird watchers because various birds are seen there for four seasons.  In fact, we saw more than 15 people carrying their cameras with long lenses during our stay from 12:00 nn to 3:00 p.m.

Upon our arrival, I found several Barn Sparrows flying around there. 



A few seconds later, I found a Barn Sparrow's nest on the side of a house. 


I observed this Brown-eared Bulbul or Hiyorodi for a while.

 I noticed that it is still clumsy when flying
It seems to be a chick which was born this spring.

This chick still needs a little longer time to pick up nuts, their food, 
compared with grown-ups. 



Brown-headed thrush or Akahara

Sorry that the pictures are not very clear.


I cannot identify this bird.


The bird you can find in the next three pictures is
Blue-and-White Flycatcher or Ooruri.

A local farmer taught me that if we see Barn Sparrows in town, you can find White-and-Blue Flycatcher in the forest.


White-and-Blue Flycatchers and Barn Sparrows
usually arrive here at the same time.


They are called as summer birds here.
It is still spring season here, but they can be seen from April to October.  



We were lucky because we were able to see both winter birds and summer birds yesterday.  In addition to that, some of the photographers were experts in wild birds, so they told us what birds names are and also showed where they are seen in the park. 




My husband looked tired during a long walk to the parking lot.  However, he seemed satisfied because he was able to take pictures of winter birds and summer birds at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment