Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Apr 2, 2016

Apr. 2 - The flowers at a National Hospital

My husband had an appointment with one of his doctors at the national hospital in Himeji last April 5.  I accompanied him because I noticed that he has a little problem with his driving.  While he was waiting for his turn in the waiting room, I went outside to take pictures of flowers which the volunteer members at the hospital had planted to bring a little happiness to the patients.    









I love birds.  Pet birds such as Java sparrow, Budgerigar, and Cockatiel have always been in my place for more than 40 years.  I got the hobby of keeping pet birds from my father who died 20 years ago.   

My husband and I don't have children, so we consider our birds our children.  My cockatiel whom I considered as my daughter was found lifeless under the perch last February 22.

It was just 10 days before my 50th birthday, and I had taken for granted that she would be with me that day.  She might have died so suddenly from cardiac infraction because it was so cold that night. 

I could hardly accept what had happened at first, but I am gradually accepting what I have lost.  Cockatiel's life span is said to be 15 to 20 years.  As she was 8 years old, I expected that she could live with us for another 7 to 8 years.

I haven't decided if I would buy another cockatiel.  Some owners have a record that their cockatiel lived more than 35 years.  If we buy a chick which lives that long, my husband will be 98 and I will be 85 years old then.  How can we take care of it?  We would be the ones needing to be taken care of.

I believe that cockatiels are healers but not caregivers.  I am still not able to move on after losing my cockatiel, but I thought that I need something to indulge in to forget about it. 

I am hooked on the Big Farm, one of the popular online games these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment