Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Apr 12, 2016

Apr. 5 (2) - Ichi-no-Ike Park, Takasago City, Hyogo

After our visit to Himeji Castle in the morning, we drove for about 30 minutes to  Ichi-no-Ike Park last April 5.  Even though I had taken many pictures earlier that day, I was still curious to see Cherry Blossoms there. 

Ichi-no-Ike Park has an area of 10.5 hectares.  It includes a rose garden, a herb garden, a camping space, a barbecue area, several ponds, and a playground for children.  The parking lot can accommodate about 130 cars. 

We have been visiting this park for about one year to see wild birds.  Usually it is easy to find a parking space.   However, I found that all of the spaces were already occupied by visitors just like us to observe the cherry blossoms around there.

We headed to Kashima Shrine's parking lot, which is located next to the Ichi-no-Ike Park.

I left my husband in the car because he was very tired after seeing his doctor at the hospital and taking a lot of pictures at Himeji Castle.  So, I took a 30-minute walk alone because I thought he might get bored if I stayed longer.    

It was a long walk to Ichi-no-Ike Park from Kashima Shrine Park so I gave up the idea of taking pictures of the cherry blossoms.

The next four pictures below are the Japanese Ume blossoms, not the cherries.







When I got close to this tree, I was surprised to hear the voice of an elderly woman.  She was just starting to talk to her friend on her mobile phone.  She was enjoying her packed lunch alone under the tree. 



The tulips and other flowers planted by local senior volunteers
looked very attractive.














Flower beds of Viola



Ichi-no-Ike park is also famous for being the starting point to go up Takami-Kura Mountain which is 304-meter height in Kakogawa city. 



When I took picture of the mountain, I noticed some rocks in the middle which were shaped like houses.  They looked interesting.

I really enjoyed our visits to Himeji Castle, Himeji Zoo, and Ichi-no-Ike Park today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment