Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Mar 5, 2016

Mar. 5 - Sekai-no-Ume-Kouen Park, Tatsuno City, Hyogo

I received a birthday card from my American friend, so I wrote some sentences to her. 

I asked one RareJob tutor to proofread my sentences today.  By doing this, I can improve my writing skills. 

Below the text of this article, I uploaded the pictures I had taken yesterday.

It was warm, so my husband and I enjoyed visiting Sekai-no-Ume-Kouen Park, in Tatsuno city, Hyogo Prefecture.   The 30-minute' drive to the park was comfortable.  We took more than 300 pictures while we were staying for about 60-minute.  Wild birds named "Japanese White-eye" looked very cute with Japanese Ume trees. 

* * * * * * * * * *

Dear my friend,

Thank you for the lovely birthday card.  I turned 50 years old on Mar. 2 this year.

I am very happy to find your message on my birthday.  I am also thankful to God that you remain in good health. 

It's been tough for me these days since my 80-year-old mother passed away last July.  My 12-year-old budgerigar whom I considered as my long time friend died last January because of his old age.  Budgerigars' life span is said to be 7 to 8 years old, so I expected his last day would come sooner or later.

Just 10 days ago, I wondered if I would die from heart attack because it's been very cold these days.  I turned on the air conditioner in my room and took some minor tranquilizer that my doctor has priscribed me.

However, I didn't have the slightest idea that my 8-year-old cockatiel, who acted like my real daughter was found dead the very next morning.  Cockatiels are expected to live for 15 to 20 years in general, so I expected that she could live with me for another 7 to 8 years at least.

She looked okay when I played with her until 8:00 p.m. the night before she passed away.  I had checked if the 100-watt pet heater attached to her cage was working properly before I covered two thirds of the cage with a blanket.  Maybe it was not warm enough for her.  An 8-year-old cockatiel is as old as a 50-year-old person, which means that we are of the same generation.

I had taken it for granted that she would be with me on my 50th birthday.    The idea that I would die from heart attack was an omen that something bad was going to happen.  A friend of mine, a crazy bird lover like myself,  said that she might have died from cardiac infraction because of the cold

My husband suggested that we get another cockatiel to comfort me.  Then, I asked him if we could take care of the bird when it will live for another 20 years.  He will be 83 and I will be 70 years old then.  Pet birds are like healers, but not like caregivers for us. :)

I still don't know if we will buy another cockatiel in the future.  If we go to pet shops to find one, it would be spring time at the earliest.  I don't want to buy one in the cold season like this.  Small birds' health can be easily affected because they feel stressed when they are moved to a different location.  The enviornment in the pet shop and our place are quite different from each other.    

Some of my friends asked me to find some inspiration from my other hobbies.   I enjoyed baking a cake on my birthday, and I've just started working on coloring books.

I had just lost my cockatiel several days before, and I cannot still get over the sadness.  However, I still have chances to find some happiness from these activities.  I really appreciate that God is sending me these inspirations that I can enjoy spending my time in the situation like this.

I hope your good condition will continue as long as possible.   

Sincerely, Kay












My husband was also absorbed in taking pictures for Japanese Ume blossoms and birds named "the Japanese White-eye".












No comments:

Post a Comment