Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Nov 14, 2013

Apple Bath in Shiso City, Hyogo


The other day, we found an advertisement about Momiji Tree Festival (or Scarlet Maple Leaves Festival) which was scheduled on Sunday, November 10, in Shiso City.
 
                                                         (Picture No. 1)
 
On Sunday, November 10, Shiso City Tourism Association offered many kinds of events, such as leisure walking, guessing the total weight of apples game, speed eating of apples, quiz event (ex. how much do you know about this area), etc.
 
On Sunday, November 10, Shiso City Tourism Association offered many kinds of events, such as a walking event, a game of guessing the total weight of apples, a contest of fast-eating apples, a quiz event (ex. how much do you know about this area), etc.   
 

---------------------------- 
 
As for the “leisure walking" event, I am not sure about the exact details, but from what I know they prepared a map leaflet for the participants.
 
As for "a walking event", I didn't know about it exactly, but I thought they prepared a certain map leaflet. 
 
------------------------------

The map serves as a guide to find the places where the stamps are.  Once the participant found a stamp, he/she can press it on his/her leaflet as a proof that  he/she has visited the spot where the particular stamp is located.  After getting the leaflet stamped, the participant may come back to the office and show his/her leaflet in exchange of a small present.  The activity is good because it allows the participants to enjoy visiting various places while challenging them to collect stamps at the same time.
It guides you to go to these places where stamps can be foundOnce you have found a stampyou press it on the leaflet, which proves that you have visited those particular places.  After that you may come back to the office with the proof, then you might be given a small present.  You will have a chance to visit various places, and collect stamp signs at the same time. 

-------------------------------

We were particularly interested in the “Apple Bath” advertised on the lower left part of the leaflet (Please refer to Picture No.1). This special hot spring event was available until November 17, Sunday.  
We were particularly interested in the apple bath advertisement on the lower left part of Picture No. 1.   This special hot spring was scheduled until Sunday, November 17. 
 
---------------------------------
 
I found some information on the Internet about Japanese hot spring owners offering special “Apple bath” only for a certain period.  This kind of opportunity is quite rare. In fact, we have never taken any apple bath until we visited them on November 9.  I guess the apples they used in the bath were the apples that did not pass the marketing standards of the apple farmers, so instead of selling them for food, they were probably given or sold to the bath house for a cheaper price to be used for the “Apple bath”.
 
I found some information on the Internet saying that some Japanese hot spring owners are offering special events on apple bath for a certain period.  We rarely find this kind of opportunity, actually we had never taken any apple bath until we visited them on November 9.  I guess that some of the apple farmers who have found some damaged apples thought of offering them to hot spring owners for floating them in the bath.
 
---------------------------
 
We were interested in attending the festival on Sunday but we were there on Saturday, November 9.
We went there on Saturday because my husband who works from Monday-Friday prefers to relax at home on Sundays. Even though we missed the festival we still had a great time in observing autumn views and experiencing the “Apple bath.”
 
 
We were interested in the festival, but we visited one day earlier, Saturday, November 9.  It was because my husband who works from Monday to Friday, wanted to visit there on Saturday.  He prefers to relax at home on Sundays.   But still we had a great time of observing autumn views and experienced the apple bath. 
 
(Picture No. 2)   
We drove north about 2 hours; we were lucky that there was no traffic at all
                                      
 

 
We noticed that there are more Japanese persimmon,
a kind of fruit that’s in season during Autumn, 
in the north as there are in the south.

We noticed that more people in the north grow Japanese persimmon,
one kind of Japanese fruit in this season, than in the south.
 
 
(Picture No. 3) 
The orange colored fruits are very observable on top of the tree.
 
 Orange colors on top of the tree are the fruit.


     (Picture No. 4)
Here is another picture of Japanese persimmons.

(Picture No. 5)
The picture is a little blurry as I took it while we were driving.
Some red leaves can be seen at the front
and some fog also prevented me from getting a clear shot.
 
The picture is blurred as I took it while we were driving. 
You can see some of the red leaves in front.
Some fog prevented a clear view.



(Picture No. 6)  We arrived at our destination at about 2 in the afternoon.
The gate in the picture below is the entrance to the famous waterfall in this area.
We didn't visit the waterfall this time because it would take us another 20-minute walk.


We arrived at our destination.
The gate in the picture below is the entrance to a famous waterfall in this area.
We didn't visit the waterfall this time because it takes another 20-minute walk.


(Picture No. 7)

  (Picture No. 8)

The maple tree shown on the picture below still has green leaves.
In about two weeks or so, the leaves will start turning yellow or red.
 
The picture below shows leaves that are still green. 
It may take another 2 weeks or so to turn yellow or red.


(Picture No. 9)

After walking, we went to an inn which offered floating apple bath.
Some inn requires to reserve a room to use their hot spring,
however they allow customers to use their hot spring by paying 600 yen.

After walking, we went to an inn which offered apple floating bath. 
They are actually "an inn," but we don't have to reserve a room.
By paying 600 yen, we can use the hot spring. 


The bath areas for men and women are separated because everyone is naked inside the bath,
this is also the reason why taking of pictures is prohibited.

Men and Ladies have separated baths.
Everyone is naked, so taking pictures is not allowed in the bath. 

(Picture No. 10)
The image below was borrowed from Kobe Shimbun Newspaper Company.
 
 My Husband and I frequently go to these kinds of hot spring and I usually wash
my hair when we do.  I was expecting that some hair dryers are provided
inside the changing room however, I was not able to find one here. 
I noticed that some customers brought their own hair dryers and I found it unusual.
Since I do not have a dryer, I just dried my hair with my towel so I won’t catch a cold.
I washed my hair during the bath.  My husband and I often visit these kinds of hot springs, and we expect some hair dryers prepared in the clothes' changing room.  Unfortunately I didn't find any in this place.  I noticed there were some customers bringing their own hair dryers from their place.  I thought it unusual, so I dried my hair with my towel carefully so that I won't catch a cold.

After bathing and taking a short break at a relaxing room, we left the hot spring.  On the way back to our place, we visited a souvenir shop in the picture below.  We bought some apples and persimmons.

                                                                   (Picture No. 11)


(Picture No. 12)  
Small apples were sold in packs of three.
Three small-sized apples were sold in one pack.

    (Picture No. 13)
Japanese persimmons are said to be rich in Vitamin-C,
and they help prevent people from catching colds.
Japanese persimmons are said to be rich in Vitamin-C,
and they prevent us from catching colds. 

 
The pictures below are the persimmons we bought that day.

(Picture No. 14)
They were bigger compared with the ones we can find in the local supermarket.
The sizes were bigger compared with the ones we can find in the local supermarket.


All in all, the trip was a good one. The place was not crowded, we had a lucky chance to take an apple bath, the persimmons tasted sweet and we had another adventurous weekend.

The place was not crowded, and we had a lucky chance to take an apple bath, and the persimmons tasted sweet, we had another adventurous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment