Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Nov 10, 2013

Cosmos Festival on Oct. 27

Last month, my husband and I visited a local cosmos flower festival.  It was our third time.  Every year they offer various foods in cheap price as well as a beautiful scenery of cosmos flowers.  We really enjoy attending them, so I would like to share about our memories of the said event

How did I get to know about the festival?
One day in October 2011, I found an interesting advertisement flyer (or leaflet) delivered with our newspapers.  It was about a "cosmos flower" festival held by a local religious group.  The place was  located within a 5-minute drive from our house.  At first I imagined various negative things.  If I visit there, maybe someone will ask me to join their organization, as one of their believers, or someone will ask me to donate some money for their religious activities in the future.

Though I was afraid of being asked of such things, I still decided to see the place.  The venue was close to our house anyway, and I didn't have anything special to do on that day.  I went there by bike.   

My first visit to the festival in October 2011
On my first visit, I noticed that there were many instant shops in the area.   I went closer to check them and found their food prices low compared with the shops in another festivals.  I bought something to eat, and ate them on the bench.  They tasted nice, and I liked them.  Then I went into their building for bazaar.  I had to write my name and address before I entered the building.  I saw many people who seemed to belong to their religious group but none of them told me about religious things.  They were nice so I felt relaxed, and I thought it was a good decision to visit the festival.  I was also impressed by the pink color of the cosmos flowers.

My second visit to the festival in October 2012
Last year, I had to work until 1:00 p.m. on the date of the festival.  I was thankful of them for sending me an invitation, so I visited there with my husband after work.  Unfortunately, many of foods were already sold out, and we couldn't find much to eat.

My third visit to the festival in October 2013
This year, another invitation was delivered to us, and my husband and I were looking forward to that day.  I asked my husband not to eat breakfast because the festival will begin at 10:00 a.m., and we can find many kinds of foods at the festival.   

We arrived there at 10:40 a.m. as we expected there were plenty of foods in that early hour.  My husband tried to buy something upon arrival, but shop owners told us to wait until 11:30 a.m.  Their foods were ready, but they were told to start selling foods at 11:30 a.m.  Like a small child, my husband shouted to the shop owners, "I am so hungry that I can't wait that long!!!!"  He behaved badly while other customers stayed calm.  I was embarrassed and went to another area to avoid him for a while.  He sat on the bench and waited patiently.  

On the opening, we rushed to shops and we were the first customers.  It's called "All Japan Umaimon Matsuri," meant various kinds of food festival from different parts of Japan.  I thought it was  exaggerated because there were only ten shops in all, nonetheless it was a good chance to try various dishes in low cost.   Anyway, the pictures below were taken last month.

      French fries and sweet potatoes fries were ready on their stall when we arrived at 10:40 a.m.


                                                                  Roasted Cabbage
How to make roasted cabbage?
Just imagine how to make hotcakes.  You may prepare some flour, sugar, milk, egg, and water.  First, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. After that, heat the frying pan and when it is heated, put some oil. Then, roast the mixture in the frying pan. When it's done, you may spread it with butter, honey, or maple syrup.
In making cabbage roast, we prepare some flour, sliced cabbage, egg, and water.  We don't need any sugar and milk. Firstly, we mix all of the ingredients. Then, we roast the mixture in a flying pan.  When it is done, we usually spread it with sauce, and sometimes a bit of mayonnaise.  It depends on the person's preference.


                    Sweet bean soup with rice cake (my favorite for winter season).
                          It's hot and makes our body warm. 
 I usually eat it after doing house hold chores.


                                                                       Soy sauce noodle
(It can often be eaten in Mie Prefecture, it is rare to be eaten in Hyogo Prefecture where I live.)


 
                                                                Fried Big Gyoza
 

                                             Yakisoba noodles (my husband's favorite)
                                              This looks like a pancit in the Philipines.

 
Roasted chestnuts

Yuba 
The taste is thicker than tofu.
It's smooth like puddings, but not sweet as much.

 

We became full around noon.  Before leaving, we took the photos of cosmos flowers.  
I like them because these kinds of pastel colors make us happy.

 
 
Every year, I send them a thank you letter.  I hope they will invite us again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment