Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Nov 2, 2013

For a Lesson November 3, 2013

My dearest RareJob teacher,

I write my thoughts about daily life below.  I would like to use this as our lesson material today.  Would you please read and correct some grammatical errors, and give me some advices for word choices?

When I was working as a clerk in a company, I stayed in the office most of the time.  I was always busy preparing different documents which made my eyes really tired. Beacuse of that, I decided to try something different on weekends.  I began watching wildbirds and this kept me relaxed and made my eyes feel better too.

I rode my bike and visited a park nearby to get relaxed.  I felt comfortable surrounded by trees.  The green color eased my eyes.  It was wonderful because I was able to forget about my work and feel mother nature.  

While I was staying in the park,  I found different kinds of birds.  I observed them and I was eager to find their names.  I wondered that some of them might be migratory birds, so I am curious where they could be coming from, and where are they going next.


And what kind of food do they eat?  Do they eat nuts, small insects or worms?  Are they hervious or carnivious?  Do they move in a group or alone?  That was the way I began this hobby.

Winter is the best season to watch wild birds as we can find many types during the season.  It's cold early in the morning, but we can find more birds in the daybreak because they start moving from place to place to searching for something to eat at that time.

Sometimes I'm freezing when I wake up at around 7:00 a.m., so I warm myself by drinking hot coffee in the morning.  The day break is 6:30 a.m. at this time of the year, November.  I think it's a bit early early for me to go for walk before 7 o'clock. 

In fact, I walk about 30 minutes at around 10 a.m. these days, and find 5 or 6 kinds of birds at best.  But yesterday, I had some other errands outside beore 8:00 a.m.  I was lucky because of being able to find as many as 10 types at that time.  Maybe it's better to try to start walking around 8:00 or 8:30 a.m.  It will make me feel lucky to find more birds.

I also would like to find their scientific names in my birds' book later.

 ----------------------------------------------------------
For the part below was corrected by another RareJob teacher already.  Thank you!

I try to avoid watching TV news very often because they broadcast the casualties of the typhoon which hit last month in eastern part of Japan.  I learned more than 30 people died, and houses were destroyed.  Some people are still missing.  It makes us so sad.  I guess it is important to make some measures to avoid repeating the natural disasters.  I would like some experts to study about them immediately.

I live in the western part of Japan and I am very thankful that my family and I are safe.

I notice that there are too many TV shows that are still featuring those tragedies including the big earthquakes and tsunamis which hit eastern part of Japan on March 11, 2011.   Up to this date, TV programs continues to report about the victims and how they cope up with the tragedy especially for people who lost their loved ones and their properties. 

I regularly meet my doctor, and one day I said I have been feeling sad.  He advised me as follows;

"Please refrain from watching many TV programs regarding these kinds of tragedies (such as a scene from big earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons).  Information about natural disaster is one of the ways for people to better understand the situation and will help them to become prepare all the time.  I guess it is important to know the facts however many of the TV programs are emotionally involved on the lives and experiences of the victims. 

By repeating watching them,  your brain conditions you that you are one of the victims.  We live in the western part of Japan, and we actually stay away from the disastrous area, and we are lucky this time.  It makes you feel you were there, and it makes you becoming depression.  Actually many patients are coming to our clinic after watching many tragic scenes on TV and became sad.  They eventually have some symptoms of depression, and they ask some prescription.   It's not very good."

The western part of Japan, where I currently live offers a variety of festivals happening almost every weekend during this season.  I prefer watching TV news and programs featuring these traditional joyous events.  I hope we could be informed in advance the schedules of these events so that we can visit and participate some of the festivals.  These events bring happiness in our lives.  I am looking forward to watching these programs on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment