Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jan 6, 2015

The Electric Bill and Three Layers of Socks

This morning, my husband and I were amazed to see our electric bill for the period Dec. 1 to Jan. 4 is more than 30,000 yen or approx. US$300.   Just the two of us live in a 2-floor house with 6 rooms, one small kitchen, one bathroom, and two toilets.  I was curioius to know about the lifestyle of other childless couples like us
 
We spent our New Year holidays at home.  In the previous years, we spent the holiday season in a hotel or leisure activity places which would cost us more than 30,000 yen.  So, this year, we could not complain about the electiric bill because somehow, we were still able to save compared to our past holiday expenses. 
 
 
Just as a comparison, when I was still single, I used to live in a small apartment which had only 3 rooms.  Back then, my monthly electric bill would cost me from as low as 1,000 yen in spring and autumn to as high as 3,000 yen in summer and winter.  The seasonal difference depended on whether I used electric air conditioner or not.
 
* * * * *
  
When my husband is at home, he turns on the floor heater.  When I stay alone, I never use the floor heater.  I use air conditioner sometimes.  The temperature sometimes gets below zero degree in winter season.  My worst problem is I feel severe coldness in my feet.

To remedy the coldness that I feel on my cold feet, I wear 3 layers of socks these days.  First, I wear the silk five-finger socks which I had bought on the internet. 
 
 
Second, I wear the wool socks which I had bought from a local shop.
 
 
I still felt coldness in my feet, so I knitted thick room socks for myself. 
I started knitting 3 days ago, and I have just finished them yesterday.
   
 
It cost me 800 yen (approx. US$8) for yarns for one pair of shoes.   
As I knitted two pairs, it cost me a total of 1,600 yen.
 
 
Knitting is one of my favorite hobbies in winter season. 
I enjoyed knitting for three days, or in a total of 8 hours. 
 
 



Now I can say " I am more comfortable with three layers of knitted socks!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment