Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jan 13, 2015

Tonto Festival (Jan. 12)

Last week when I was strolling my neighborhood, I saw the notice board saying that the Tonto Festival celebration was scheduled at 8:00 a.m. on January 12th at Aso Hachiman Shrine.




It was another 5-minute walk to the shrine from there, so I walked up there to see if the Okuyama people, who live there, had prepared for the festival .
The monument had already stood there to be burned out.
 

I didn't know anything about the festival until I moved here almost 10 years ago, but our local people wish our good health, prosperity and happiness by burning new year decorations on the festival.  

I wanted to see the festival, so I told my husband about it.  Then, he wanted to join me because he had a day off that day, so we went there together.

My husband, who has been suffering from asthma since his childhood, was covering himself very well to avoid breathing cold air.  I thought he looked like a dangerous person.



The festival began at 8:00 a.m., and we arrived there at 8:15 a.m. 

Reaching at the gate, I saw many people had gathered there.


 
The monument along with other new year's decorations that
people had brought were mostly burnt already.

We couldn't see anything, but we warmed up by the fire. 

For the next year, I want to arrive there before people start burning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment