Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jan 16, 2014

A bad fall in a swamp on a cold day

I accompanied my husband to a hospital yesterday morning.  We left our place at 8:00 a.m. and came back at 2:00 p.m.  He couldn't sleep at all because of constant coughing two days ago, and we decided to go to a hospital.  He thought he caught a bad cold or maybe an influenza. 

A nurse placed a cotton bud in his nose, and checked if he had caught an influenza, but it turned out negative.  Then he had taken his body temperature, blood test, and x-ray test.  His doctor found that he had some inflamation on his lung.  It was close to pneumonia, but not yet at the moment.   The doctor ordered for an IV therapy which lasted for 2 hours, gave some prescription, and lastly the doctor allowed us to go back home.

He had been working hard until last Friday.  Then, he asked me if I liked to go to a hot spring the next day.  I said yes, with one condition.  I asked him if we could visit a pond on the way to watch wildbirds. 

He said that we could stop by, but he prefered to stay in the car during the visit as he is generally not good at cold temperature.


Whether he is coming along or not, it didn't a matter to me.  I told him that I would make it a short visit, and he could stay in the car and watch TV.  I will enjoy watching the wildbirds alone.  But he got out of the car, and came after me with a heavy camera with him.  Then, he must have gotten too excited to take pictures of a duck in a pond, and lost balance.  He fell to a swamp

This is one of the pictures my husband took a few seconds before he fell to a swamp. 

               

The picture below is not exactly the place where it happend,
but the swamp he fell into was like this.  Many tall dead grasses were there.


There was no one around us, and I was totally at a loss for what have happened to us. 

I even wondered if it's better to call an ambulance and asked him so.  He replied that he would try to manage to get out of the swamp though it might take some time.  I reached out to his arm and got the expensive camera.  

 
As soon as he came out, I found his right ear slightly bleeding.   He didn't know what  happened to him, so I explained him that he had leaned all his weight on the railing which was made of plastic strings.  These are not the exact ones but these are just the similar kind. 



Obviously, this kind of string is not sturdy enough for people to lean on.



At first he complained about the painful bruise on his head.  The next day, he felt cold from head to toe.  It was a national holiday last Monday so the hospital was closed for incoming patients. 
Then on Tuesday, he tried to go to the hospital by himself but he felt tired while driving and gave up the idea of going there.
I wrote many sentences to explain the recent happenings in our lives.  I really hope he gets well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment