Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jan 6, 2014

My petbird, Tsuru chan!

I'm sorry to report this, but my pet bird, budgerigar, Tsuru chan is losing weight these days.  Two weeks ago, his weight was 37 grams, but for the first time in these 10 years, it recorded as 34 grams one week ago.  According to the Japanese experts of pet birds' veterinarians, average budgerigar weigh about 30 - 40 grams.  They are thin when less than 30 grams, they are no curable when they become less than 25 grams.  I was so sad when my other budgerigar died when she became 24 grams. 

He was born in June 2002, and he is 11 years old.  As budgerigar's life expectancy is said to be 7 to 8 years, he is living longer.

I am concerned about his health.   He moves slower and slower as he got older.  He was active when younger.




He has a leg problem like the picture below.  He always does like this.  I guess his forefingers don't work very well.



The tempreture of bird's body is 41 or 42 degrees.  In general, old birds are getting weak, so pet owners should try to warm them up so that they are comfortable in the cage.  I am trying to warm his body up.

At first I use 2 pet heaters (each pet heater has 100 kilowatt).  The pet heater has orange color in the pictures. 

I have three pet birds.  Each bird has their own cage.   Two of them are budgerigars.

This is one year old budgerigar.  I named him P-chan.  He is very active, and funny when moving.



Their cages are next to each other.  By they are placed in different cages, they cannot touch, but sometimes they get close, and play by looking each other.



 
Here's my third bird, a hen cockatiel, Pearl chan.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment