Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jan 6, 2014

Himeji Shizen Kansatsu-no-Mori again


This is a continuation of my previous entry (please click here).

We drove for about 40 minutes, and visited Himeji Shizen Kansatsu-no-Mori yesterday.

We found only Yamagara bird coming to the bird feeders last month, so we were delighted to find three kinds of birds such as Atori (or Brambling),  Kawarahiwa (or Oriental Greenfinch), and Yamagara (or Varied tit) on the bird feeders.

I brought my compact camera there.  My husband didn't want to bring his heavy camera because this was our second visit in this season.  But when we arrived home, he regretted that he should have brought the heavy equipment.  Anyway, I uploaded some pictures which I took there.


    The Welcome Board of the Nature Center located
in the entrance of Himeji Shizen Kansatsu-no-Mori
                                       

      The bright pink flower is called Sasanqua (camellia).
 Doesn't the tropical color give us energy in the cold season?


                                        
 Two Kawarahiwa birds came to the birdfeeder.


 One Yamagara bird flew there to pick up some food, then, flew away immediately.

 I felt wonderful when I saw the three different kinds of birds
came at the same time on the bird feeder. 
I tried to take a good picture of it, but I couldn't.



After bird watching, we drove to Yoi Onsen hot spring.
We left the place for birdwatching, we drove to Yoi Onsen hot spring. 
On the way, we found a very tall monument made by rice straw.
 

 
  
 On January 14 or 15, some Japanese rural towns hold an event to burn the New Year's decorations, and pray to God for their happiness & safety for the whole year
 
It's called Donto Festival. (please click the highlightened words for pictures.)
 
The New Yea's decorations will be brought by families in the neibhorhood. 
I think they will burn this fantastic monument monument very soon.
 
 After a 30-minute drive, we arrived at Yoi Onsen Hot Spring in Shiso City. 
 
The entrance has a traditional Japanese New Year decoration.


Usually, this hot spring is not crowded but we saw many people visiting the place yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment