Recent Updates

I quit RareJob lessons at the end of August, 2016. It was my 3rd anniversary of taking lessons. I thought it was enough because I am getting older and I don't expect any job opportunity with English related. We don't have any foreign neigbors in the countryside.

I have already uploaded many pictures up to now. I feel it takes me quite a lot of time to upload another pictures, so I started writing another diary.

My new blog address is
http://kaypliche2.blogspot.jp/

Thank you!

Jan 29, 2014

Looking for the bird's name

 
(At first I was looking for the bird's name in the first five pictures, so I wrote the title, but someone suggested me that the bird might be Ruribitaki.  I was very happy to get some replies from them.)  
 
I went up to a small mountain in my neighorhood on Jan. 29, and I found this bird, a female Ruribitaki or Red-flanked bluetail.  I have seen this kind before, but it was several years ago, and it was only for twice or thrice, so I felt lucky to take pictures of them.



The second is an enlarged picture of the first one.
Now we can see the colors of her side more clearly.  
 




Maybe she was eating the nuts then.
 

She was busy moving her body side to side (left to right), like dancing


* * * * * * * * * *
 
The followings are other kinds of birds. 
 
Mejiro or Japanese White-eye
We are expecting them to visit the Japanese apricot tree in our garden.
Our apricot tree has many buds now, and they are in full bloom every February.
They come to drink the nectar of apricot flowers.
 
 


The next picture is a Mozu or Bull-headed shrike.
He stayed like a hunter on top of a tall grass.
Mozu is about 19-centimeter long. 
A few inches bigger than  a sparrow, which is about 14 centimers. 
They are carnivores; they kill small creatures including birds for food.
 

This final picture is two Keri or Grey-headed lapwings.
I found them in the rice field next to my house on the way back from the mountain.
 
 
The 2 hours of walking was good for exercise, and it was interesting to me.
I found various birds, maybe 10 kinds of them at that time.
 
In winter season, trees have less leaves, so we can find wildbirds easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment